Full information about the group rankings and playoff format / procedure.
As we are coming to the end of the groupstage its time to set out how the final ranking for the groups & playoffs will work this year.Group Rankings
The top three teams from each group will progress to the playoffs.
Group rankings are worked out by the following rules, in order of importance:
* 1. Number of Wins.
* 2. Number of Draws.
* 3. Result of the matches between the tied clans.
If the clans are still tied (E.g. in the case of a three way tie or more) the following rules are applied to determine final rankings (in order of importance):
* 1. Net Rounds for the wars that were played, ie not including no-show/forfeit wins.(E.g for 24/10 Net Rounds are 14). This calculation does not include no-shows and forfeits for obvious reasons, so the initial round difference on the ranking page will be incorrect. Only wars that were actually played by both teams are taken into account.
* 2. Positive Rounds for the wars that were played, again this does not include noshows/forfeits. (E.g for 24/10 Positive Round points are 24).
* 3. Least number of forfeits/noshows.
* 4. The Net Sheet of a summary of frags/caps/points.
Last year we used the Double Elimination system for the playoffs for the first time, unfourtunately we are unable to use this for this season due to time constraints. Therefore we will be using the system commonly found in Counter-Strike leagues and most LAN tournaments, the best of 3 map choice format. It is not a difficult concept and im sure those of you that have experience in other games & leagues are already familiar with it.
For those who aren't here is how it works:
Standard match procedure
* A play off match is played on 2 or 3 maps. To begin both Clans select a map from the maplist.
* A knife fight will determine which map will be played first, each clan picks side on the opponents map.
* Round wins are added to determine the score, however you do not necessarily play the full 24 rounds per map. Whichever team reaches 13 rounds first wins that map.
* If a map ends in a draw it will go into 'overtime': the map will be played again, with 2x3 rounds instead of 2x12 and startmoney 3000 ( 3x endround ). This will be repeated until there is a winner of the map.
* If a clan wins the first 2 maps they have won and the war is over.
* As usual clans must pick a different map in each playoff round.
If the score is tied after 2 maps (each clan won a map), a third map will be played:
* This map is chosen by eliminating maps the clans don't want to play until 1 map is left.
* The playoff maplist will consist of 7 maps, after the 2 maps that have already been played each clanleader will take it in turns to pick a map to eliminate until the remaining map in the list is left.
* The clan that won the last map in the war gets to eliminate first.
* If the third map ends in a draw it will go into 'overtime': the map will be played again, with 2x3 rounds instead of 2x12 and startmoney 3000 ( 3x endround ). This will be repeated until there is a winner.
The first clan to 13 rounds wins the map, The first to 2 maps wins.
It adds a tactical element to mapchoice and prevents one team from simply relying on one map to win making sure the winner has proved themselves over a number of different maps.
The Playoff Maplist
Premier & Second League
| ||1st Group A||0|| |
|vs.||Winner #3||0|| |
|3rd Group A||0|| || |
|vs.||Winner #1||0|| |
|2nd Group B||0|| || |
| || ||vs.||Cup Winner|
|3rd Group B||0|| || || |
|vs.||Winner #2||0|| |
|2nd Group A||0|| || |
| ||vs.||Winner #4||0 |
| || |
|1st Group B||0|
| ||Loser #3|| || |
|Loser #4|| || |